Unoccupied Home Insurance

Getting Unoccupied Home insurance quotes is quick and easy. Just click the red button to get started now!

  • Cover for buildings and contents
  • Commercial and residential properties covered
  • Cover for vandalism, theft and water damage
  • Flexible payment options
  • Instant documentation


Unoccupied Home Insurance

If you’re a home owner then you’ve probably heard of unoccupied home insurance but you may not be sure whether you need it or not. Unoccupied home insurance is specifically used when the home is going to be unoccupied for an extended period of a month or longer. There are many reasons why you may have to leave your home unoccupied for a long period of time, for example if you use it as a holiday home or you plan to get your home renovated and have to move out.

Why Unoccupied Home Insurance is Necessary

Many people mistakingly believe that their home insurance will cover them when they leave it unoccupied. Whilst it is true that most home insurance policies will cover you for a certain period of time, once the home is left for a period longer than a month that it will require an unoccupied home insurance policy. The reason that your home insurance doesn’t cover your property if its unoccupied for a longer period of time is because insurance providers know that once a property is known to be unoccupied then it can become the target of thieves and vandals and therefore a special policy is required.

Types of Cover

  • Building insurance
  • Contents cover
  • Vandalism
  • Water damage
  • Property owners liability

Get Quotes Now

Getting multiple quotes from different insurance providers is an excellent way to save money on a policy. Fortunately this is now very quick and easy to do. When you click the red button below you’ll be taken to the quote form. There you can provide some information about your policy needs and you’ll then have access to your quotes. It’s that easy!


%d bloggers like this: