Get Unoccupied House Insurance quotes in a matter of minutes! Click the red button to get started
- Residential and Commercial Properties Accepted
- Contents and Building Cover
- Flexible Payment Options
- Quick and Easy Set Up
- Instant Documentation
What is Unoccupied House Insurance
Unoccupied house insurance is a type of insurance for those who have property that is left unoccupied for an extended period of time. Because unoccupied property is at great risk, a special type of policy is required. Most home insurance policies will provide cover whilst the house is unoccupied for a certain period of time, usually 30 days or less. After this the home insurance policy is not in effect and your house is unprotected. This is why it’s so important to get cover in place if your house is left unoccupied for longer periods of time.
Who Can Benefit?
There are many scenarios where home owners can benefit from unoccupied house insurance. These include –
- The property is a holiday home that’s only used for a limited time of the year
- The house is a buy to let property without tenants
- The house is being renovated
- The house is awaiting probate
Types of Cover
- Contents Insurance – The contents of a house are at particular risk when it’s left unoccupied so getting them covered as part of the policy is a very good idea.
- Building Insurance – If any damage were to occur to structure of your house, then building insurance would provide protection for this.
- Water Damage – Water damage that occurs as a result of flooding or a broken pipe can be very costly to repair so it’s a good idea to have this option included in your policy.
- Vandalism – Unoccupied houses can often be targeted by vandals so having this option included in the policy will give you peace of mind.
- Secure the Property – When leaving a house unoccupied for long periods of time, the risk posed to it undoubtedly increases. However there are steps you can take to reduce the risk of it being vandalised or broken into. By taking measures such as installing CCTV cameras, an alarm and security lights, you can make your house safer whilst also reducing what you pay for your policy.
- Get Multiple Quotes – Getting multiple quotes is one of the best ways that you can save on unoccupied house insurance. By getting multiple quotes you can compare them and decide which insurance provider offers you the best value for money.
Get Quotes The Easy Way
Since getting quotes is one of the best ways to save money on unoccupied house insurance, getting them in the easiest way possible makes the most sense. Luckily getting multiple quotes is now easier than ever. Once you click the red button below you’ll be taken to the quote form. After filling in some information you’ll then have access to tailored quotes from a panel of unoccupied house insurance specialists.